Engage Your Callers With These Professional Voicemail Greeting Examples
A professional voicemail greeting can be a vital part of your communication strategy and can help to create a good first impression, even if the caller has to leave a message for you. It’s important to include the right keywords in your recording to help increase engagement and keep your business relationships intact during your absence. Read on to learn more about what to include when setting up your professional voicemail greeting and samples you can use in yours.
What is a Professional Voicemail Greeting?
A professional voicemail greeting is a recording that informs callers, whether they be clients, customers or business partners about your business. It could be an initial greeting upon dialling your number, or a message informing them you’re unable to answer their call at this time. These greetings can project an air of professionalism, giving your company a larger presence in the eyes of your customers and prospects.
What Elements Should be Present in a Professional Voicemail Greeting?
Not sure what to include in your professional voicemail greeting? Just like a live answering service, the main purpose of a voicemail greeting is to position yourself or your business as a trusted professional. Consider including the following themes below in yours.
Your professional voicemail greeting should give the caller all the information they need. It should include the name of your company, office hours and further information including your email and additional contact details.
Be sure to address what you need from the caller to answer their questions. Being directional in your voicemail greeting can make it easier for callers to understand what to leave in their message and when they may be able to expect a call back.
Your voicemail greeting should be between 10 to 30 seconds. Any shorter and you might not be able to get your point across, any longer and you may lose the interest of the caller. By being direct and concise, you can quickly give them the information they need.
Professional Voicemail Examples to Use
Figuring out what to say in your professional voicemail greeting. If you’re searching for the best professional voicemail greeting for your business number, check out the examples below:
- Thank you for calling. You’ve reached [your company]. Please leave your name, number and a short message on the nature of your call and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Hello, you’ve reached [your company]. We’re temporarily unavailable at this time, but if you can please leave your name and number, we’ll return your call as soon as possible.
- Welcome to [your company], the leading [experts, suppliers, etc] in [your industry]. We’re currently on the phone right now, but please hold and we’ll answer your call shortly.
- Thank you for calling [your company]. Please leave your name, phone number, a short message and when you are available to speak and someone will return your call at your earliest convenience.
- You’ve reached the [department] of [company name]. Thank you for your call. Please hold the line and someone will be with you as soon as possible.
- Thank you for calling [your company]. No one is available at this time to take your call, but please leave your name, number and a short message message, and someone will call you back as soon as possible. You can also send an email to [your email]. Thank you, and have a great day.
- Hello. You've reached the [department] office of [your company]. This team will be out of the office from [date] to [date]. Please leave your name, number and a brief message, and someone will call you back once we return. If you need to speak with someone urgently, please contact [emergency phone number]. Thanks for calling and enjoy your day.
- Thank you for calling [company name]. You have reached the voicemail box of [department]. Unfortunately, our team is unavailable to take your call at this time. Please leave your contact information and the reason for your call, and a member of the team will call you back.
- You have reached [your company]. We thank you for your phone call and a member of our team will be with you momentarily.
- Hello, you've reached [your company]. Please leave a brief message about the reason for your call and your contact information. A member of our team will call you back at the earliest opportunity. Have a wonderful day!
Record Your Professional Voicemail
With Business 1300, you can record a professional phone message and promote your business every time you receive a call. Choose from one of our male or female professional vocalists and select a tone that suits your industry or brand.
If you need help deciding which service is best for you, our customer service team is happy to help. Contact us on 1300 00 1300 or CLICK HERE to make an online enquiry.